I have been wanting to do this post for months, but finally decided to do it, being that it is Black History Month, and a celebration of our contributions to America and the world. There are so many blogs out there that I read—some of them are huge blogs and some are very small. I do not read blogs based on their size but rather on their content. It is all about quality and not quantity for me.
A huge faction of blogs that I read are from Brown Bloggers—as a blogger of color myself, I enjoy supporting others who are working to get to the next level just like I am. So I wanted to point them out and make you familiar if you aren’t already reading their blogs. Hopefully, you are able to add them to your reader or subscribe to their feeds and share them with your friends as well.
And my list is not just of African American bloggers—I have included other “brown” bloggers in the mix as well.
Some people on this list are people I personally know, but I read their blogs just the same. Some of them are people I wish I knew or hope to meet in person one day.
Here is my list of 25 Brown Bloggers You Should Be Following+ 1 That’s Not: (in no particular order)
1. Rae Lewis Thornton– Diva Living with AIDS Blog
2. Smart Money Chicks– financial literacy and money
3. Prune Juice Media– politics, pop culture, and government
4. The Beauty Elixir– Beauty blog by make-up great Tia Dantzler
5. Uncommon Chick– Personal blog with great anecdotes
6. Mommypalooza– Latina Mom blog
7. Swa-Rai Fashion Blog– Fashion and beauty blog
8. Houseful of Nicholes– Mom and homeschooling blog
9. Michelle Obama Watch– All about our FLOTUS, Michelle Obama
10. Divas and Dorks– Tech and fashion blog
11. Glamazini– Natural hair, beauty, life, and so much more!
12. Gimme That Glow– Beauty and fashion blog
13. Mami 2 Mami– Latina Mom Blog
14. Good Enough Mother-Mom Blog written by Rene Syler
15. Afrobella– Written by the “Godmother” of Brown Beauty Blogging, Patrice Yursik
16. Brotha Tech– Tech blog
17. 12 Machines– Tech and gadget blog
18. Miss Jia– Gossip and entertainment blog
19. Yes, Divas Can Cook– Food and recipe blog
20. Little Tech Girl– Tech blog infused with family interests
21. Home Girl Blog– Mom blog
22. Mommy Talk Show– Mom and parenting blog and vlog
23. Dirty Pretty Thangs– Realness
24. The Curvy Fashionista– Fashion site for the curvy and fabulous
25. Dream and Hustle- Tech, Business, & Lifestyle Spot for Urban Entrepreneurs
+1 26. Scott Hanselman– Scott is an honorary “brotha” and writer of Scott Hanselman’s Computer Zen.
What do you think of my list? And most importantly, what other brown bloggers should I be following? Comment below and let me know!