Guest Blog Written By: Danyel Buie
Spring has arrived! The sun is shining…flowers are blooming and the party season is in high gear. Planning a party is fun and exciting, but it can present a few headaches along the way.
Here are a few tips to remember to keep your P.A.R.T.Y experience a positive one:
• P = Preparation: This is the key element when planning a party. Depending on the type of party and the number of guests attending, preparations should begin between 3-6 weeks of the event date. Location, guests, food, décor and entertainment should be well thought out. Get creative—now is the time to consider all ideas and narrow them down as your thoughts become more concise and focused.
• A = Action: Now that you have your plans laid out, it’s time to take action. Get in touch with the vendors needed to make your party a success (caterer, baker, florist, etc) or enlist the services of a party planner. Party planners are a great resource and have a tremendous amount of knowledge and experience in this area and can assist in creating your vision.
• R = Relax: Planning a party can be taxing, it is very important to take care of your health and well being. Nothing is worse than a great party and a host who’s too stressed out to enjoy it. Know that with any amount of planning there will be unpreventable hiccups during the process; be prepared to handle those elements that can be fixed and be willing to let go of the small stuff.
• T = Theme: Themed parties are a blast because the entertainment is all in the theme. Discos, luaus, casino nights and murder mystery themes are great for adult parties while westerns, circus, princess and sports themed parties are a hit with kids.
• Y = Yes: Your party is an amazing success-you can be certain that there will be an invite or two to someone else’s celebration in the near future-be sure and RSVP with a yes! Not only will you enjoy another get together of family and/or friends, but you may walk away with some great ideas for your next event.
With these 5 tips, your Spring event, soiree, or party will be a smashing success.
What will your next party be?