Written By: Guest Blogger, Heather Smith
A lot of people do not realize it, but what color clothing they put on in the morning can affect their whole day. Not only do certain colors make you feel different when you wear them, but the colors also make people react differently to you. But what does each color mean? How can you pick which color to wear depending on what you need to get done that day? Well, here is a brief outline of a few colors and what wearing that color will do for your day.
- Black – Black is the stand by color for many people. It is the first color they will pick out, especially for a formal event. That is because black stands for authority, it is timeless and it makes you look skinner. What more could you want from a color?
- Grey –If you have a day where you really want to be seen as confident then wear grey. Grey equals confidence, sophistication, and harkens back to the good old days. A great color to wear if you are younger and want to be respected by a group of older people. Plus, this color can be paired with almost anything to brighten it up!
- White – If you want to come across as clean, crisp and efficient, then white is the color for you. Not only is it light, making it cool to wear in the summer, but it also is a clean pallet to add additional colors or keep it simple and stark to stand out.
- Red – We all know that red is the color of aggression and intensity, but did you know it also creates energy? Wearing red can make you more productive and also help you to stand out in a crowd. If you want to make yourself known, wear red.
- Yellow –Yellow is the color of power. It is light and great to wear in the summer. It is also a fun color that can brighten up a dull outfit and show you have a creative side. Yellow can help with concentration, too, so if you have a long, hard day that needs to go well, wear yellow.
- Green – Green is relaxing and calming. Since it echoes the primary color of nature, it can make you seem more approachable and easier to be around. Green is also the color of money, which is also attractive. If you want people to come your way, wear green.
- Blue –Another peaceful color is blue. Since the sea and the sky are this color, wearing blue makes people feel at ease. Strangely, blue is also the color of loyalty, as in ‘true blue’. If you want to be trusted and calming, wear blue.
- Purple – Purple is the color of royalty, luxury, and sophistication. When you wear purple you are saying you have money, culture and a romantic side.
- Brown – If you want to look solid, dependable, reliable and genuine, then wear brown. Brown is a stable color that makes people want to trust you with important tasks and decisions. If you want more respect and responsibility, then wear brown.
You would not think that color has such a great effect on people, but it really does. A certain color can change your whole day and even your whole life. So, whether you want to stand out, fit in, show your loyalty, or make friends, make sure you pick the right color or color combination.
What is your signature color? How do you think this color represents you?
Heather Smith is an ex-nanny. Passionate about thought leadership and writing, Heather regularly contributes to various career, social media, public relations, branding, and parenting blogs/websites. She also provides value to hire a nanny by giving advice on site design as well as the features and functionality to provide more and more value to nannies and families across the U.S. and Canada. She can be available at H.smith7295 [at] gmail.com.