Last night’s Emmy Awards were quite entertaining. But the most fabulous part of the night was the red carpet arrivals of all of the stars and celebrities. When it comes to red carpet fare, I am most impressed with those who dare to take a trend and make it their own.
This year, the trend seemed to be major color. Plum, navy blue, as well as subtle tones like gray and gold seemed to be all of the rage. In addition, the major staple of black still made an impression on the red carpet.
In terms of make-up, the trend was basic: earth tones, light shadow, eyeliner, and nude lips. For hair, updo’s made a return, but so did tousled waves.
Here is a list of my top 5 most fabulous on the 2010 Primetime Emmy red carpet:
5. Kyra Sedgwick- Kyra hit the red carpet in a flourshing plum colored gown which complimented her skin tone. Cinched at the waist, Kyra looked like glamour defined. Loved the look!
4. Padma Lakshmi scores in a blueish-purple sleek gown. Her understated make-up and straight hair adds to the beauty of this look.
3. Heidi Klum’s short ruffled number is killer on the red carpet. When it comes to red carpet fabulosity, Heidi can do no wrong.
2. Kelly Osborne- I so miss Kelly’s curves but her new slim figure is a perfect fit for this gown, a basic black number that compliments her silhouette. Kelly Osborne has come a long way fashion wise.
2. (tied) Jewel- When I first saw Jewel’s pale pink lace gown, I wasn’t impressed. But the more that I looked at it, I fell in love with the look. The high-waisted ribbon at the waist and the detail gave Jewel a sun-kissed and flawless look which I could appreciate.
1. Lea Michele- Lea impressed me during the Golden Globes earlier this year and she stuns again in a navy blue layered ruffled gown by Oscar de la Renta. Love this dress and she simply out dressed everyone else on the red carpet last night.
For a complete list of 2010 Emmy winners, click HERE.
Photo credit: Wireimage/Getty