In this economy, everyone is looking to save on items they need. With school supplies being an essential part of this time of year, it’s mandatory that we as parents get everything that is on the list to ensure our kids are prepared. Doing so could be expensive, but it doesn’t have to be. Wal-mart has made it easy for families to get everything on the school supply list without breaking the bank.
When I first saw the list of items Wal-mart was offering that added up to be less than $25, I found it hard to believe. And after I was sent said items listed, I saw firsthand the savings—an entire backpack full of items for less than $25.
Here is the list of items posted in the picture above:
* Everything Backpack – $13.88: Walmart’s Everything Backpack is an all-in-one backpack which includes a removable lunch bag that clips on the bag, and matching stationery kit for just $13.88
* Back To School Poly 1-inch Binder (variety of colors) – 60 cents
* FSC Portfolio folder with brads (variety of colors) -15 cents
* Three 2-packs of Elmer’s Washable Disappearing Purple School Glue Sticks – 40 cents each
* 10-Pack of Bic Cristal Pens (Black, Blue or Red) – 97 cents
* 4-Pack of Bic Highlighters – $1.47
* 12-Ct. Crayola Colored Pencils or 10-ct. Crayola Markers (fine or broad) – 97 cents
* 24-Ct. Dixon No. 2 Pencils – 94 cents
* 100-Sheet Composition Books – 40 cents
* 150 Sheets of Filler Paper (wide or college ruled) – 75 cents
* 70-Sheet, 1-Subject Notebook (wide or college ruled) – 20 cents
Total spent? About $21.53, plus tax where applicable.
Especially in households where you have more than one child going to school, savings like these can go a long way. I am kicking myself in the head because I already purchased school supplies for my kids, and spent way more than I had to. Lesson learned!
If you are still shopping for back-to-school or you haven’t purchased your school supply list yet, I suggest you head over to Wal-mart and take advantage of the savings.
I, The Cubicle Chick, was not paid nor compensated for this post. The information above was sent to me by Walmart to share with my readers. I have been sent all of the items listed above in order for me to write an honest critique of the school supplies shown. The opinions in this post are mine and mine alone.