Written By: Style and Fashion Contributor, Coco Michelle
Every woman knows that bubbly tingle when they’ve found the perfect pair of shoes. The thrill of the shoe hunt is a sport unlike any other. Each season brings a new trend to conquer, and this Fall’s shoe obsessions are no exception. Here are five trends for you to ponder:
1. When hunting for the perfect Fall shoe, nothing is more delicious than the scent of a new leather boot. The trend this season is the “over-the-knee” boot paired with a pair of skinny colored jeans. This trend can be worn with a skirt as well, but be careful not to conjure up Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. To keep it classy, be sure to wear a soft, flowy skirt that hits right above the boot.
2. If knee-high boots aren’t in your line of sight, aim for a pair of high-heeled lace up boots. This sexy look works with almost everything from jeans to a billowy skirt. Traditional black leather is nice, but go out on a limb and sport this trend with metallic or color-blocked accents. Fabulous!
3. For the office, a pair of high-heeled Mary Janes can be hip and youthful without looking juvenile. Flat-heeled Mary Janes invoke visions of third grade and Sunday school but when a high heel is added…Boom! The sex appeal is undeniable. And when paired with a knee-length pencil shirt, you’ll purr in the sexy secretary look. Meow!
4. For a comfy office look or polished weekend style, try the cap-toe flat or oxford. This boyish look can be girly and feminine when accessorized simply. For some edginess, try a Mohawk-inspired hairstyle!
5. For evening, nothing beats a pair of strappy sandals. Even the crisp Fall temps shouldn’t stop you from sporting your pedicure with a pair of lovely strappy sandals embellished with pretty cut-outs, studs or metallics. And bringing platforms into play adds some vintage Hollywood glamour!
Nothing completes an outfit like a great pair of fabulous shoes. Now, go out there and get those shoes, girls!
Photo Details: Glamour Magazine spotlight on Schutz