Are you a woman who has a brilliant idea? Well, you are just who Clinique and TED are looking for. They have both partnered to launch a global search for the next big thing—an idea created by a woman. If you’ve had a lightbulb moment of your own, you are urged to submit your idea “in front of some of the brightest minds in the country, and the world“.
If you aspire to be the next Sara Blakely or Sheryl Sandberg, TED and Clinique want to hear from you.
Here’s the deal:
- TED & Clinique will announce a call to action for women everywhere to submit their ideas at Clinique.com through August 31st
- This partnership and campaign are part of a movement to engage and encourage women all over the world to share their intelligence, ambition and creativity
- The most compelling idea will receive funding to help make it a reality
- The winner will be invited as a special guest to the Smart Women series at the TEDWomen conference in 2016, a rare opportunity to be profiled amongst and network with esteemed TED community members to propel her idea further through connections with like-minded women
- The winner will be announced in the fall
In a recent global survey on women’s happiness in regards to career, 85% of the women studied believe it’s important for women to be successful professionally and that 63% of US women believe that trying to “have it all” (balancing career, family life, etc.) has made women more unhappy than ever before.
So the partnership that TED and Clinique is embarking on is critical for women who want to go above and beyond working for someone else. By creating an empowering idea, women can help others while utilizing their strengths to make a difference in the world.
I don’t know about you, but that is indeed something to get excited about.
To learn more about the Clinque and TED Global Initiative partnership, watch the video below:
And you can also check out this compelling and read-worthy article about the Clinique and TED partnership on ELLE.com.