The days of using the mobile phone for only making calls are gone. People use smartphones for a variety of other activities such as accessing the internet, conducting business transactions, doing their online shopping, listening to their favorite music, etc. Under these circumstances, the Samsung Galaxy S8 should be the perfect one to use. Touted as one of the best smartphones of this generation, let us look at some of the specifications of Samsung’s latest Galaxy model.
Here’s our complete Samsung Galaxy S8 review.
- Extra large screen with a 5.8-inch quad-HS Infinity Display
- Works on the Samsung Exynos 8895 in Europe and Asia while the US users get the benefit of using the Qualcomm Snapdragon
- Excellent space with 4 GB RAM and 64 GB storage (use a micro SD for storage up to 256 GB)
- 3000 mAh battery enables fast charging with wireless charging facility available
- Dual cameras, 12-megapixel rear camera, and 8-megapixel front camera
- Adequate safety measures such as Iris and fingerprint scanner
- Availability of the Samsung Bixby personal assistant
- Android 7 Nougat with Google Assistant available
Working parents need a strong and sturdy phone capable of withstanding the severest of shocks. At the same time, it should be flexible enough to allow her to make calls while on the go. The Samsung Galaxy S8 has these qualities in plenty.
The highlight of the S8 is its fantastic screen size. This makes it one of the stunning phones on display on the market today. The wireless charging facility is a great asset because it allows parents on the go to keep the heavy chargers at home. No more stuffing handbags, backpacks, or briefcases with the chargers anymore.
The S8 has an AMOLED panel with a 2960 X 1440 resolution enabling you to stream and watch HDR shows from Netflix and Amazon Prime. In addition, you will have the best speakers in the business in this bad boy.
The S8 is equivalent to the computer in many ways. Using a separate dock connected to the HDMI-equipped monitor turns your Galaxy device into a mini PC.
And the camera? A beast that’ll make you put your iPhone down.
Pros and Cons:
Let us look at the pros of the Samsung S8 before moving over to the cons.
- Excellent storage up to 256 GB expandable memory
- Wireless charging facility
- Safety measures like the Iris and fingerprint scanner
- Facility to stream and watch HDR movies and shows online
- Facility to use the S8 as a PC
- Can get a bit hot at times (Samsung has had issues with overheating phones with the Note 7)
- The size can be a disadvantage at times making it difficult to carry in the shirt pocket
Reviewers have only had positive things to say about this S8. It is the perfect equivalent to the iPhone with the availability of the extra safety measures and personal assistant, etc. It isn’t without some trepidation. Some people have expressed their reservations about the phone battery lasting more than a day.
From what we see and hear about the phone, the Samsung S8 is a wonderful equipment to have.
We hope that you’ve enjoyed our full Samsung Galaxy S8 review. Now that you have the scoop, will you cop it? The Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ comes out later this month.
Note from AT&T:
AT&T has announced that customers can now preorder a Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8+ either online or in stores. The smartphones will be available in stores as early as April 21. The Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ will be some of the first devices able to reach ultra-fast wireless speeds on the AT&T 5G Evolution network when we launch it in the coming months in select areas of Austin and Indianapolis.
Those customers that preorder a new Galaxy device, can also take advantage of these great offers.
- Up to $750 in credits towards another Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8+
- A Samsung Gear VR included, along with a controller powered by Oculus and an Oculus content bundle
- A Samsung Gear S3 for only $49 with a 2-year service agreement
- Get a Samsung Tab E and/or a Samsung Gear S2 for only .99 cents, when you activate a 2-year agreements
With the Galaxy S8 and S8+, customers can stream the latest videos, data free, via the DIRECTV, DIRECTV NOW or Full screen apps on the AT&T network.
Additionally, AT&T wireless customers who sign up for the AT&T Unlimited Plus wireless plan will receive a $25 monthly video credit towards any AT&T video service including DIRECTV, DIRECTV NOW, or U-verse TV. New AT&T wireless customers can also receive $650 in credits when they switch to AT&T from another wireless provider and buy a new smartphone with eligible service on AT&T Next after trading in their old device.
Kali Monroe says
Great review. I am heavily considering this phone. After the explosion debacle, I was thinking of moving to Apple…but this may keep me.
The Cubicle Chick says
I am a diehard Apple fan but I always keep a Samsung closeby. I will be getting the S8. 🙂
Kio Miko says
Great article, it was between the iphone 7 or a s8, thank you. I will recommend it!