Wednesday, April 25th is Administrative Professionals Day! As someone who worked as an administrative assistant for several years, it’s a fabulous day that holds a special place in my heart. It’s the secretaries, receptionists, assistants, and other supporting players that make an office run like a well-oiled machine, so it is only right that they get their day to shine. If you ever have worked as an administrative professional, you know that sometimes, you feel like you are taken for granted. So I hope that today, you will be celebrated in the office by your boss and colleagues.
And if you are a supervisor or a boss, it’s not too late to get a gift for the Administrative Professional in your life. Here are 5 fab gifts I have compiled that are perfect for those Gal (and Boy) Fridays in the office!
1. Flowers- Who doesn’t like flowers? It’s a wonderful pick me up and a fabulous token of appreciation.
2. Catered Lunch- Having a catered lunch to show the Administrative Professionals in your office that they rock is not only a great idea, but works well when you have a lot of assistants in the workplace.
3. Massage in the Office- When I worked as an Administrative Assistant in an office downtown about 7 years ago, we were all treated with massages at our desk. It was a great gift, and one that I will always remember. Massages, when done well, are wonderful.
4. Mani and Pedi- a gift card to your assistant’s favorite spa or salon for a mani and pedi is a great gift, and I promise you, not too many girls would pass that up!
5. Paid Day Off- More than anything on this list, I think that a paid day off is something that any employee would enjoy.
Happy Administrative Professionals Day to you all! Celebrate the hard work done in your office!