Spring, summer, and salads go hand in hand. You can’t have a great spring or summer meal without a salad of some sort, which is why you need to add this Watermelon Feta Salad to your arsenal of recipes. It makes a great side dish, appetizer, or can even be used as a dessert salad. With so much versatility, you might just find it becomes one of your favorite go to recipes. Look below at this simple Watermelon Feta Salad recipe, so you can whip it up for your next get together with friends or family gathering!
¼ of a watermelon, cubed
1 quart of fresh blueberries
3-4 fresh sprigs of mint
½ cup of Feta cheese crumbles
2 tablespoons of lemon juice (or lime)
3 tablespoons of light olive oil
So as you can see this is a salad of many flavorful layers that will all come together and do something amazing. As with any salad recipe, feel free to omit any ingredients you don’t care for or add extra of any ingredients you especially love. Do use only fresh produce for this recipe, as frozen just doesn’t keep the right texture and can create a salad that is on the mushy side.
While many people love the dressing that can be added to this salad, some prefer to leave it as is. Again this choice is up to you. You can always try making the dressing and tasting it prior to pouring it over the salad. This way you can be sure you enjoy the pairing before committing!
1. Begin by adding the cubes of watermelon and fresh blueberries in a large bowl. Gently toss.
2. Rinse your mint leaves and press them dry with a clean paper towel. Rip the leaves into smaller bits before tossing them onto the fresh fruit. You will notice how good this salad smells already!
3. Sprinkle the top of the salad with Feta cheese crumbles. Mix your salad well.
4. In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice and olive oil. If you wish, you can sprinkle this mixture lightly with salt and pepper. Taste. If it suits your tastes, you can pour the dressing over your salad. Stir well.
5. Place your salad in the refrigerator for one hour before serving. You will find that this time in the cold helps the flavors blend nicely and gives them the best texture. This is defiantly a salad you want to serve nice and chilled.
How easy was that? This Watermelon Feta Salad is simple to make but looks like a specialty salad you would order from a nice restaurant. Whip one up for girl’s night, or just the next time you want to add a fresh side to your dinner. Now is the perfect time to find these fresh ingredients!