The best thing about summer is all the produce that is in season. You can buy a huge array of farm fresh fruits such as raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, and of course peaches and apricots. And while these fruits are fantastic on their own, they are also great when incorporated into your dessert menu. For example take a look at how we turned fresh apricots into the perfect summer dessert.
This Easy Baked Apricots topped with Mascarpone Cheese recipe is a perfect summer dessert since they are sweet with just the right amount of tart. Want to make them? Look at how easy they are!
White sugar (or use a cinnamon/sugar mixture)
Tin foil (optional)
Sometimes people have a hard time locating mascarpone cheese in their grocery store. Don’t look by the traditional cheese but look over by the deli where specialty meats are sold. For the sweet sugar dusting, you can make your own mixture of 2 tablespoons of cinnamon and 2 tablespoons of white sugar. Or, you can buy a ready made cinnamon sugar mixture like we did. These tend to be easier to use and taste amazing.
1. Begin by rinsing the apricots well. Do not scrub them as they have tender skin.
2. Cut the apricots in half and discard the pit. Place each half face up on a baking sheet. We lined our baking sheet with foil before we placed the apricots on. You can do this or just opt for an ungreased baking sheet.
3. Place a dab of butter on each apricot. You don’t want to go overboard. Just a dab will do.
4. Top each apricot with a generous sprinkling of cinnamon sugar.
5. Place the cookie sheet in the oven at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. I like to place the sheet near the top rack so the tops of the apricots get some nice heat.
6. Once your apricots begin to sizzle and caramelize (this will take 15-20 minutes) remove them from the heat. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
7. Place a spoonful of mascarpone cheese on top of each apricot. Finish the apricots off with another sprinkling of cinnamon sugar.
8. Your baked apricots are now ready to be enjoyed. Serve warm.
See how easy this summer dessert can be? Making your own baked apricots with mascarpone cheese is a sweet and simple way to end a summer meal, and a recipe that anyone can do.
So head to your own local farmer’s market and grab some fresh apricots for yourself. Not only will you enjoy eating them fresh out of the basket, but you will also enjoy baking them into a tasty dessert just like you see here.
Pin for later: