It can be hard to find summer ice cream treats that are low in sugar and fat, which is why these frozen yogurt tarts are a great alternative. Easy to make and low in sugar, they are perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth during the hot summer months. You can make a large batch and keep them in the freezer for easy snacking, making them the perfect grab and go treat. Look at how to make your own frozen yogurt tarts, which may soon become your new favorite snack!
– 2 cups of yogurt of your choice
– 1 cup of fresh chopped fruit, we chose strawberries
– Optional: decorative gel icing or mint leaves
– Mini paper cupcake cups
A few things you should know: You can use any kind of yogurt for this recipe, but Greek yogurt seems to work best. We chose a low sugar option, and you can use any flavor that interests you. When embellishing your treats, you have two options. You can do natural mint leaves as a garnish, or use a little gel icing to add some color. Kids may enjoy the icing event, while adults may prefer something more natural like the mint leaves.
Let’s get started:
1. Spoon the yogurt into the paper cupcake cups (I double lined them) until they are ¾ of the way full.
2. Smooth over the top of the yogurt so it is nice and even in the cup.
3. Add the chopped fruit to the top of the yogurt. Allow it to settle in naturally.
4. If you choose to use mint as your garnish (like we did) you will cut it into small spears and add it at this time.
5. Place the yogurt cups on a metal cookie sheet and place in the freezer. You want to be sure the tray is even so the yogurt doesn’t run or become heavier on one side of the cup.
6. It will take a good 3 hours for your yogurt to solidify. Once solid you can remove. If you wish to use the gel icing to embellish the frozen yogurt tarts, you can do so at this time.
7. Your frozen yogurt tarts are now ready to be served! Simply peel them from the wrapper and eat. But eat fast, they do melt quick!
Just think of all the possibilities you have with this recipe! You can use any kind of yogurt you wish, any kind of fruit you wish, and embellish with an assortment of herbs, candy sprinkles, or even flowers. These would be ideal for serving at wedding or baby showers, summer parties, or even children’s events.
Head to the kitchen and give these frozen yogurt tarts a try. They are a sweet and healthy way to enjoy the hot summer months!
Save/Pin for later