I was reading my dear friend Glamazini’s blog and she had a post about “The silliest thing I’ve ever done to my head was…” and it got me to thinking. There are many things that I have done in my life that I’ve looked back on and said why in the hell did I do that? So thanks to my friend, I came up with a twist on her concept called “The Worst _________ I’ve Ever Had”. It will be an ongoing series on TCC in which I will discuss the worst (whatever I come up with) for that we and then you all can comment and share!
This week, we are going to talk about “The Worst Beauty Decisions” I’ve Ever Had. As you know, I am a Cubicle Chick who likes to look fab so I have had my share of beauty faux pas in my past. Let me share.
The Worst Beauty Decisions I’ve Ever Had…
- In my Senior year of high school, I went blonde because of Mary J. Blige. Yeah, I burned the pictures so there would be no proof!
- I decided in the late 90’s to outline my lips with black eyeliner. Um, yeah. No ma’am!
- I rocked Scarlett red lipstick for a year in 2000 and no one told me how horrible I looked!
- I used to wear a ring on every finger. How Mr. T-ish of me!
- My fingernails used to be as long as the chick from SWV. Horrid, I know.
- I used to sleep in my make-up. 🙁
- I got a curly quick weave once and had the tracks glued to my cornrow braids. Can you say major hair loss?
- I never wore heels because I couldn’t walk in them. Now I can’t stop wearing them.
- Wore Fashion Fair cosmetics for years because I didn’t know other cosmetic lines also had items for women of color.
- I got a relaxer after being natural for seven months. Why in the hell did I do THAT?
Okay, so I shared my worst beauty decisions I ever had. Your turn. And make ’em good!