This is not your average book on relationships. When I was approached with the opportunity to review and host a giveaway for author and Healthy Relationship Activist Jennifer Tardy’s new book, His Ingredient Label: A Woman’s Guide To Recognizing A Junk Food Man, it instantly caught my attention and I knew this was a book I wanted to read. Not because I need relationship help, but because I enjoy reading what others have to say in this whole ‘Mars vs. Venus’ society that we live in. The Battle of the Sexes (and understanding one another) is something that we all have problems doing. Relating to the opposite sex and seeing their perspectives on an honest level is something we all need to appreciate, respect, and engage in. But of course, most of us don’t.
Author Jennifer Tardy gives a different voice to this recurring theme. Here is what she has to say about His Ingredient Label: A Woman’s Guide To Recognizing A Junk Food Man, and what she thinks of the state of women’s relationships with men as they stand in today’s world:
What makes her book on relationships different from others?
The key difference with His Ingredient Label is the fact that I place women accountable. For so long we (as women) have felt like the “chosen,” meaning that we must be on our best behavior and accept whatever was handed to us from our mate just to keep him around, because we are lucky that he chose us. With this book, I help women understand just how they can become the “chooser” in relationships. Our own decisions either co-create a healthy relationship or an unhealthy one. My goal in writing was to educate and empower women—in a unique, serious, and sometimes witty fashion. I’ve created a whole new perspective on dating and relationships and it all begins with understanding a man’s ingredient label.
How does one become a “Relationship Expert”?
The word expert is so overused that you no longer have to be an expert—to be an expert! It’s important for my readers to know that I am purposefully not considering myself an expert. I am a Healthy Relationship Activist. Everything that I do is in promoting the benefits of seeking healthy relationships. I have a passion and a vision that has evolved through years of experience, research, surveys, interviews, etc. regarding relationships. But in the same notion, I am always a student; being taught, experiencing, and learning. Each volume of my Forever Tardy, but Never Late book collection will expand intellectually as I grow and experience in life. I’m looking forward to that part…
What are two key mistakes women make with choosing a mate?
(1) We have a tendency to start on the outside and then look within the man (i.e. his character). There are instances where we could luck up and this could work in our favor, but typically we become so blinded by the outer, superficial view (i.e. his looks, physique, status, bank account, career, degrees, etc.) None of these things can guarantee that he will stay with you for the long run, be faithful, or even honest. If you are seeking those things, you should first seek a man who displays that character: loyalty, honesty, belief in monogamy, etc.)
(2) We confuse ourselves by listening to what he says instead of watching his actions because we believe that in a perfect world those two would align. The issue is that we don’t live in a perfect world. If you have a choice over which to believe—always watch his actions, his behavior. He can tell you all day that he wants to be in a relationship with you, but if his actions don’t align with his words (i.e. he’s always standing you up, disrespecting you, or being missing in action consistently), then it’s time you reevaluate what you have. It’s not a relationship—at least not a healthy one.
What can readers expect from your new book?
His Ingredient Label provides ONE realistic solution to some of life’s most complicated relationship problems: simply read his ingredient label. If a reader follows the advice provided within, they will be on their way to a detoxification of a lifetime. And they will be happy that they did it!
I told you Jennifer Tardy was the real deal. And her book is a must-read, ladies!
Jennifer gives fresh new perspectives to an age old problem that women have been struggling with since the beginning of time. Her book has been a long time coming and I am glad that she brings an honest and open assessment to the somewhat over-saturated world of relationship discussions and punditry.
One lucky TCC reader will win a copy of Jennifer Tardy’s new book, His Ingredient Label: A Woman’s Guide To Recognizing A Junk Food Man. To win the book, simply do the following:
- Follow The Cubicle Chick on Facebook
- Share this article on Facebook using the ‘Share’ button above
- Follow The Cubicle Chick on Twitter
- Subscribe to The Cubicle Chick via reader or feed
- Comment below and let Jennifer know why you want to win this book
See, now that was simple! Good luck to you all. This contest ends promptly on Friday, August 6th, 2010 at 6pm CST. A winner will be selected randomly upon close of this giveaway. The winner must reside in the U.S.
Special thanks to Jameka from JSW Media Group and author Jennifer Tardy for the interview and the book for the giveaway! To read more about Jennifer Tardy, visit her website HERE.