As many of you are already aware, I am in South Beach, Miami for the Shecon New Media Expo. I have been spending the last two days meeting and networking with other bloggers, and learning from social media pros who know of what they speak. And even though I have been spending oodles of time at the Miami Beach Convention Center being such a nerdy girl, I have also been able to enjoy the sights and sounds that is Miami.
I simply love it here.
I will always be a mid-western girl at heart, but I cannot pretend that the fabulosity that is Miami isn’t appealing and addictive. The vibe here is definitely contagious, and the atmosphere makes you feel like you are indeed in the most awesome place in the world, if only for a little while.
I took the time while recouping in my hotel room to come up with a list of the 5 things I like most about Miami:
5. The Fashion- So if you are a true fashionista (and I must say that I am pretty close), then Miami has the goods. You see the best in terms of style and clothing in South Beach. Most everyone is dressed to the nines and look absolutely gorgeous. You can’t help feeling beautiful when you are surrounded by beautiful people.
4. The Food- I’ve always said Chicago (in my opinion) has THE best food on the planet (followed by The Big Apple), but Miami is a very close third. I have had some very good meals at Emeril’s at Lowes, Rosa Mexicano, and Maxine’s Bistro. I did go off of my diet this weekend with the smorgasbord of food I’ve eaten, but it was worth the few extra pounds.
3. The People- Me and my travel companion Kesha have met some wonderful people in Miami. Most everyone is hospitable and gracious and we always manage to get people talking to us everywhere we go. Miami is already awesome but the people make it even more awesom-er!
2. The People Watching- I have seen some interesting characters while here in Miami. The freaks come out at night as they say, and I have seen some doozies. All of this makes for interesting conversation and even more interesting pictures to share on Facebook. The people watching here is like none other.
1. The Beach- I love Miami’s beaches. I wish I could’ve spend more time soaking up the sun under an umbrella while reading a book, but this is my hustle—-going to conferences and getting the value from it is first and foremost my reason for coming. Next time, though, I will make sure to stay an extra day that is just devoted to beach time.
That is my list of the 5 things I like most about Miami. What did ya think? Did I leave something out? Leave me a comment and let’s discuss!
Robyn Wright of RobynsOnlineWorld.com says
I’ve not ever been to Miami so I will have to take your word on it. Have been to Florida lots of times, just not that area. Glad you are enjoying SheCon!
I love Miami…when it’s not crowded, that is! My girlfriends and I went a few days after college graduation and could barely move on the beach. There was a festival or concert of some sort. I’d really love to go back when it isn’t a holiday or peak of tourist season. My favorite part of the trip was the food. Muy delicioso! Have fun! 🙂