When it comes to Black Friday, there are few stores that can compete with Walmart. Say what you want about the retailer, but during our current economic climate, most people are looking for bargains to stretch their money, and Walmart rolls back prices lower than most.
At 12 midnight last night, Walmart released their Black Friday offerings via Facebook and Walmart.com. With the popularity of digital media, Walmart upped the ante and released this information earlier than it ever has. And what’s more, Walmart’s Black Friday deals actually begin on Thanksgiving evening at 10pm.
There are three (3) Walmart Black Friday events this year:
Thanksgiving Day at Walmart.com: All-day long on Thanksgiving, shoppers can get great online-only specials and save with free “Fast, Faster, Fastest” shipping options. Examples of a few of the incredible online savings include:
· 46” HDTVs for under $400
· Electric Ride-Ons for children, priced under $40
· Choice of four select Blu-ray™ discs for only $20
10 p.m. Savings on Toys, Home and Apparel: For the first time, Walmart will be kicking off its in-store specials at 10 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day. Savings available in store, while supplies last, include:
· Xbox360 4GB with Kinect Console – $199.96 plus a $50 Walmart gift card
· Select DVDs – starting at $1.96
· 6V or 12V Ride-Ons (e.g., Jeep Wrangler, X Games ATV or Barbie Jeep) – $99 each
· Barbie, Disney Princess or Bratz branded Fashion Dolls – $5 each
· 8ft Inflatable Santa or Snowman – $20
· Paula Deen® 20-Piece Cookware Set – $86.44
· Black & Decker Blender, Coffeemaker or Electric Griddle – $9.44 each
· Men’s Wrangler, Ladies Rider or Junior LEI Jeans – $9.97 each
· Kids Character Sleepwear Sets – $4.47
· Rival Mini Chopper or 2-Slice Waffle Maker – $2.84 each
Midnight Electronics Event: Starting at midnight, shoppers will have access to great savings on a wide assortment of top brand name flat-screen TVs, digital cameras, Blu-Ray players and printers. Examples include:
· Emerson® 32″ LCD TV (31.5″ diagonal screen size) – $188
· LG Blu-ray™ Player – $49
· Kodak C1450 14 MP Camera – $49
· Sansui 19″ TV (18.5″ diagonal screen size) – $98
· HP® DJ-1051 All-in-One Printer – $19
· HP® 15” AMD Dual-Core Laptop – $248
· Philips® Wi-Fi Blu-ray™ Home Theatre – $178
· Magellan 4.7″ GPS – $69
· 8GB iPod Touch – $195
· Samsung 51″ Plasma TV (50.7″ diagonal screen size) – $498
Incredible Specials throughout the Weekend**: Shoppers can continue to check off their holiday shopping list with great specials starting at 8 a.m. on Black Friday. Examples include:
· Goodyear Tires starting at $59
· Vizio® 42″ 3D LED Wi-Fi HDTV (42.0″ diagonal screen size 1080p) – $598
· Buy any smartphone*** with a contract and get a $100 Walmart gift card
· Disney® The Lion King™, Cars 2™, or Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides™ DVDs – $12.96 each
Maps of your Walmart store are available online by clicking on the “My Local Walmart” application on Walmart’s Facebook page. Being able to map out your course may make your shopping trip easier.
Walmart is also price matching any competitors price via printed local ad of identical product.
And, yes, Walmart has brought back layaway for the holidays.
By the looks of things, Walmart will be the place to be on Black Friday and during the Thanksgiving weekend. Are you planning to visit Walmart on Black Friday?
View entire Walmart Black Friday Preview Ad HERE.