2011 was all about discovering the beauty from within for me. But it was also a year in which I found some pretty fab beauty products, items that I will use for years and years to come. I fell out of love with several products (mostly because they changed formulas or are no longer available), but also came in contact with amazing brands, formulas, and that will forever be on my radar and in my beauty arsenal.
These items were chosen as my 10 favorite beauty picks of the year, not for the price tag or the names that may make them—but because this Yummy Mommy on-the-go loves them, and feel they are a must-have in every train case.
So without further adieu, here are my 10 picks for my favorite beauty items of 2011:
1. Laura Mercier Secret Concealer– This is such a fabulous item! I love it because it’s effective, it’s light, and it works. I use this concealer on my dark areas and problem spots, and then cover with powder. I no longer wear foundation because the coverage of this concealer is amazing! It’s also great for oily skin and covers all day without touch ups. $22.00, Sephora.
2.Voluminous False Lashes Mascara- I don’t wear false lashes, but with this mascara by L’Oreal, my lashes get the full makeover. With just two coats of this formula, my eyes pop and compliments my overall make up look. It’s a drug store steal. $8.99, Walgreens
3. Make Up For Ever Lab Shine Lip Gloss- I will never use another lip gloss. Okay, that is a lie, but I will be hard pressed to use a lip gloss that I love more than MUFE’s Lab Shine Lip Gloss. It comes in an array of colors, and gives light to dark coverage on the lips. My only con for this item would be that there isn’t much in the tube. After about 10-12 uses, you have to go back and buy another one. :(. $18.00, Sephora
4. Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Dry Oil Mist- I began using this on my daughter’s natural hair, and I loved it so much, I began using it on mine. It gives a light sheen that is perfect for any and every hair style or hair type. And it smells divine. Retail, $24.99
5. Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment- This is a fab product to put on wet or dry hair just before styling or using heat. Just a little goes a long way and is light and doesn’t weigh down your hair. Retail, $6.00 for small bottle.
6. Sephora Retractable Waterproof Eyeliner- I so hate sharpening eye pencils. The Sephora Retractable Eyeliner is always ready to use, doesn’t require a sharpener, comes with a blending brush, and lasts a long time. It’s pretty inexpensive too. $12.00, Sephora
7. Specific Beauty Clarifying Acne Treatment Cleanser– I have had problem skin for most of my life. And when I was sent this product to review, I saw results within a week. My combo skin was more even and I experienced less breakouts. It also helped to even out my skin tone. $8.99
8. Nivea Body Original Moisture Daily Lotion- I’ve tried every lotion on the market it seems. From expensive formulas to the drugstore variety. But this old standby works for me. It’s not too thick or too watery and goes a long way. Oh, and the price is right! $6.00, Walmart
9. Lady Million Perfume by Paco Rabanne- This perfume had me at hello. I received a sample of it in a Sephora order I received and ended up buying a bottle of it immediately upon completion of the sample. Sexy, vibrant, with a hint of musk, Lady Million is a scent you will want to have in your collection. $42, 1.5 fl oz, Sephora
10. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Shadow Pencil- I love using this pencil, which gives even coverage, and acts as a shadow. If you don’t have time to do a full eye (or aren’t skilled at doing so), UD’s Shadow Pencil is the tool to have in your beauty arsenal. $20.00, Sephora
I hope you have enjoyed my 1o picks for my favorite beauty items of 2011. Let me know your thoughts! And, if you want to add a product that me or my readers should check out, leave a comment! 🙂
I, The Cubicle Chick, paid for the items mentioned above (unless specified). This is not a paid or sponsored post. I merely wanted to share my true love for these items in hopes that you would share yours as well!