The Beverly Hilton was filled to the rim with stars last night during the 69th Annual Golden Globes awards ceremony. Many came and many conquered, but few earned the title of being the best dressed on the red carpet. As I did with each Golden Globe telecast, I narrowed down my top 5 favorite looks—which was no easy feat because I loved 10 looks on the red carpet ALOT! While the fashion fabulosity of this year’s red carpet left little to be desired, there were a few standouts, who were glam, fab, and breathtaking to view.
Here are my 5 Most Fab on the 2012 Golden Globe Red Carpet:
5. Claire Danes-Claire is hit or miss on the red carpet, but last night, she stole the show in a J. Mendel black and white number that was both glam and fab. Red lipstick and an updo completed the look and made for a showstopping appearance.
4. Paula Patton-Dressed in a canary yellow strapless Monique Lhuillier, with a half up, half down hairstyle alongside Jimmy Choo heels. I loved her use of color, and she radiated as she walked on the red carpet. Go, Paula!
3. Kate Winslet- How I love this woman! She is always a stunner on the red carpet, and last night, was no exception. Dressed in a Jenny Packham gown with gold waist embellishment, Kate looked haute with those curves! I love how Kate plays with textures and gown styles that accentuate her figure.
2. Evan Rachel Wood- Dangerously fabulous, Evan Rachel Wood is always THE best dressed girl on the red carpet. Last night draped in an emerald sequin halter, Evan displayed old school Hollywood glamour with a hip new twist. Understated jewelry completed the look.
1. Charlize Theron- Amazing! That was all I could say when I saw Charlize (in Dior Haute Couture) let everyone know she rules the catwalk. Simply gorge in a plunging neckline blush colored gown, she was the most fabulous woman on the red carpet last night, hands down. Perfection! And yes, I even love the headband.
What were your thoughts surrounding the fashion of last night’s Golden Globes red carpet? Who were your hits and misses?
For a complete 2012 Golden Globe red carpet rundown of pics, click HERE.