Written By: VirtuousGlam Carlalee, Professional Hair Stylist & TheCubicleChick.com Health & Beauty Contributor
The following is part two in TheCubicleChick.com’s Fabulous Summer Hair, Skin, & Beauty Tips From a Professional Series. In each post, pro hair stylist, cosmetologist, (and The Cubicle Chick’s personal hair dresser) VirtuousGlam Carlalee will give you tips about how to keep your hair, and skin healthy and beautiful during the hot and harsh summer months.
Alright ladies, it’s time to get real about our skin! We see the fabulous Beyonce and J-Lo and we want that amazing bronzed glow they are always effortlessly rocking right? So in order to conquer that look, we scan our local cosmetics store in search of the perfect bronzer! But it’s summer, so it’s hot, it’s humid and any makeup we put on is melted off by the end of the day—bummer! So now what do we do!!?? Well, how about we get back to basics?
Flawless makeup is nothing without a beautiful surface and palette underneath. Exfoliating is one of the most common ways to reveal your skin’s natural radiance. The average woman has 30 layers of dead skin on her face, which is very normal. Exfoliating is the process of removing this dead layer of skin, resulting in skin having an even tone and texture . It also thoroughly cleans pores and helps to reduce acne.
For those with naturally oily skin, exfoliation should be done more often than someone with normal to dry skin; normal exfoliation is done twice per week and can be done up to three times per week if necessary.
To get your amazing tropical glow, follow these steps.
LET’S GO LADIES:
Always follow the directions on the container of the exfoliating cream you’ve chosen which would normally be these steps:
1) Massage the exfoliating cream into your face with your fingertips until a lather is created
2) Now rub the cream in with the palms of your hands and continue to do so for 1-2 minutes
3) Then splash water on your face until all of the cream has been removed—DO NOT SCRATCH OR RUB YOUR FACE
4) Now apply a light toner to your face, and using your palms, massage it into your face. This should stop any burning or irritation
5) Once the toner has dried, you then apply a moisturizing face cream into your skin and behold your beautiful GLOW!
There you have it ladies! Until next time, lets make sure that our outer beauty matches our inner beauty…XOXO
What are some of your favorite exfoliation tips and tools? What products do you use to exfoliate your skin and keep it healthy and radiant during the summer? Share your tips below!