Adorable Peep Wreath
Why not grab a few inexpensive materials and whip up your own Easter wreath this year? Not only is it fun and easy to do, but you can save yourself some dough in the process!
2-8 packs of Marshmallow Peeps (any color is fine, the rabbit shape works best! $1.00 per pack)
1 Foam Wreath Form (Only $1.00 at my local dollar store!)
Crafting glue or a hot glue gun
Easter themed ribbon (Only $1.00 at my local dollar store!)
1. Pull your Peeps apart carefully so they are in individual pieces. Try not to eat any! J
2. Place some hot or craft glue about an inch at a time on the wreath form. Be generous.
3. Place a Peep on it and press it firmly into place. Hold and allow it to set.
4. Repeat these steps as you make your way around the entire wreath one Peep at a time.
5. Allow to dry for at least twenty minutes before adding your ribbon and hanging.
6. Cut a length of ribbon and adorn as you wish!
This wreath will look gorgeous on a mantle or entry way, even a front door!
Peeps on a Nest Treat
These cute and tasty treats are fun and simple to make, plus they can be done with a few basic and inexpensive ingredients! Kids will love helping you make these and the end result is just as much fun to look at as it is to eat. So sweet!
6 oz. bag of milk chocolate kisses
Shoe String Potato Snacks
(all of these ingredients were found at my local dollar store!)
1. Place a dozen unwrapped chocolate kisses in a microwave safe bowl. Heat on high for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between heating intervals.
2. Continue until your chocolate is melted and smooth.
3. Add a tablespoon of shoe string potato snacks at a time and stir, covering them completely with the melted chocolate.
4. Continue this process until you have a thick mixture that is well covered but moldable.
5. Spoon your mixture onto a plate or wax paper and shape into a nest.
6. Press your jelly beans and chick onto the nest. Arrange as you wish.
Do as a classroom craft with a group of children. Each child will love having their very own bird on a nest treat to take home!
Whimsical Peeps Candle Holder
If you are in charge of decorating the Easter table this year, you will want to whip up these simple Peep candle holders! Everything you need can be found at your local dollar store! The finished product also makes a cute gift to give to neighbors or teachers.
1 package of bunny Peeps
1 glass vessel (a vase, goblet, glass, etc.)
1 bag of colorful jellybeans
1 battery operated candle (ONLY use battery operated candles!)
1. Fill your vessel with an inch or so of jellybeans.
2. Nestle the Peeps side by side, so they are wrapping around the inside of the glass.
3. Drop your BATTERY OPERATED votives in the center of the glass.
4. Finish with a ribbon if you wish!
That’s it! This quick decoration seriously takes less than 10 minutes and you can make one for around $4! Kids will enjoy setting the Easter table with these, or they look adorable on a mantel or bookshelf. Because you are using battery operated votives, you don’t need to worry about flame or leaving them unattended. Give this cute craft a try!
As you can see, Peeps are not only yummy, they make an inexpensive craft material as well! They are so colorful and versatile, and you can really do a lot with them! So head to your local dollar store and grab these few supplies, it is time to get crafting!
Photo credit: Katie Femia