The warm weather seems to bring out the tropical flare in all of us, doesn’t it? Warmer days bring warmer nights, where you and friends may gather around a bonfire with fun beverages and tropical décor galore. Nothing goes with summer like touches of Hawaii to help usher in the colorful days and fun nights! This summer, make your own DIY Hawaiian Luau Wreath that shows everyone you mean business! This wreath is not only simple to make, but you can find everything you need at your local dollar store. In just a short amount of time, you can have a colorful and unique wreath that will great all of your guests and bring the warmth and welcome of the islands!
If you are ready to dress up your front door, take a peek at how easy it is to make your own Hawaiian Luau Wreath. You are sure to get plenty of compliments when guests stop by, or just feel happy when you arrive home each day. Take a peek!
DIY Hawaiian Luau Wreath
Foam wreath form, any size.
Multiple leis (you can use floral or plastic party ones)
Paper beverage umbrellas
Hot glue sticks
As mentioned, I found all of these materials at my local dollar store. If you have a Dollar Tree in your area, they have a huge selection of Hawaiian themed items right now including about five different varieties of leis. So you are sure to find something!
1. Cut your leis so that they each become one long strand.
2. Begin wrapping the leis one at a time around your wreath form.
3. Secure each end with a drop of glue.
4. Once your wreath form is covered, open your paper umbrellas.
5. Using the wood picks on each, poke them into the wreath form in a pattern of your choice. You can cover the whole form in a circle, or just add a small cluster as an embellishment.
6. You can either tie your ribbon on by running it through the wreath form, or glue to the back of the wreath. Choice is yours.
That’s it! Give your wreath plenty of time to dry before hanging it on a door, banister, or mantel. These Hawaiian wreaths are so fun and colorful, and because they are so simple and inexpensive to make the kiddos can get in on the action with you too!
So gather your supplies and make your own colorful Hawaiian Luau Wreath. You can make one as shown for less than $5.00, which leaves plenty of cash in your pocket for tiki lights, a grass skirt, and all of the other fixings you need for the perfect Hawaiian Luau!
Written By: Katie Femia, DIY & Craft Contributor
Click to check out our other DIY Craft Ideas!