Well, today’s the day! I am officially 45 years old. Time flies when you are middle aged! While I cannot believe that I’ve reached this latest milestone, I am happy and feel blessed to make it to this age. I’ve got a little more gray hair than I used to, and I am beginning to experience aches and pains that I never had before, but other than that, I am still as spry and sassy as ever.
I’m also a year wiser, and ready to see what the next year brings. 2020 has been a difficult year for me, and I have found myself once again in resiliency mode, but I thankful for everything. During COVID-19, all of my needs have been taken care of. I’ve remained healthy and my kids are both fine, so all is well.
While I’ve done quite a lot in my 44 years, I wanted to share with you a list of 45 Things I Want to Do During My 45th Year. You can help me be accountable to these goals of mine. I like sharing them because I hope to look back in another year and see what I’ve been able to accomplish.
Some of the things on my list aren’t up to me (they are up to whether we are able to get out of COVD-19’s grasp), but I remain hopeful that while things will never be as they were, they will get better.
Here’s my list. Let me know your thoughts about them in the comments.
- I want to leave the country. At least once. When it’s safe to do so.
- I’d like to purchase a rental property.
- I want to double my savings.
- I want to visit my son in Los Angeles.
- I want to spend NYE NOT in St. Louis.
- I want to finish my novel and have it published.
- I want to see NYC. I never get enough of this city.
- I want to go to the next inauguration. Yes, Biden and Harris!
- I’d like to lose 25 pounds.
- I’d like to acquire a full-time job that pays me what I am worth.*
- I want to vote the current president out of office.
- I want to switch up my hair.
- I want to try acupuncture (for migraines).
- I want to have my website redesigned.
- I’d like to host another conference, this one for working moms.
- I want to reach 10,000 followers on Instagram.
- I want to reach 1,000 subscribers on YouTube.
- I want to grow my stock portfolio.
- I’d like to relaunch my subscription service.
- I want to learn a new language. French.
- I want to collect more books about classic movies.
- I want to volunteer more.
- I want to be able to walk around without a mask.
- I want to rid my house of all of the stuff I no longer use.
- I want to start attending church regularly (virtually).
- I’d like to get a new phone.
- I’d like to get better at video.
- I want to re-brand The Cubicle Chick.
- I want to see the world be a better place.
- I want to see my loved ones achieve their dreams.
- I would like to get a new car.
- I would like to start saving for my home in (XXX).
- I want to read the bible in its entirety.
- I’d like to see my son record another album.
- I want to learn to be more patient.
- I’d like to pay off all of my credit debt.
- I would like my daughter to obtain her license so she can drive me around.
- I want to be a better mentor to my mentees. I’ve been slacking.
- I want to take a drawing class.
- I would like to collect more plants. They make me happy.
- I want to redo my bedroom.
- I want to redo my office.
- I want to develop a new style.
- I want to grow my record collection.
- I would like to see another Broadway show (if Broadway opens back up).
Welp. that’s my list of 45 Things I Want to Do During My 45th Year.
45 means I am closer to 50 than I am to 40, and that is a little scary, but a lot promising. I love being able to blossom into the woman I’ve been working so hard to become. I feel like I am just getting started.
P.S.: This just in: #10 has been accomplished already! More on that soon!