Because of my occupation, I travel quite frequently. I am usually trekking somewhere on the plane (or train) at least once or twice a month. Sometimes even more. I am quite blessed to do what I do and get to travel. Most of my trips are to the same places (i.e. Chicago, which I frequent a lot, and Los Angeles or other parts of California, and Las Vegas). I would like to broaden my travel itinerary and visit more places within the states and outside of it too.
Recently, I sat down and wrote a list of five (5) places I would like to travel to before I’m 40. These are 5 places that I have never been to, and I so want to indulge in before I get the big 4-0.
Without further adieu, here’s my list:
- Seattle, Washington: I know some of you may think this is “quirky” or not “trendy” enough, but I have wanted to visit Seattle for some time. Everyone I talk to that has visited Seattle has told me nothing but great things about the city, so I would like to take a trip there sooner rather than later.
- London, England: Another location known for their rain and dreary weather, I have been obsessed with London since I was a little girl. I have witnessed several of my friends online and offline visit London, and it looks like something I would totally get a kick out of.
- Tokyo, Japan: There is something so fun and magical about Tokyo. I would love to see it firsthand myself—the people, the art, the food, the whole environment.
- Honolulu, Hawaii: I was supposed to go to Hawaii in 2006, but was unable to because I got sick. We never rescheduled the trip, and I’ve been wanting to go since then. I must get to see it for myself before I turn 40. Like, really.
- Cape Town, South Africa: My dad used to tell me that he wanted to take me to South Africa when I was little and we never got the opportunity to go. Now that I am older, I have been dreaming of Cape Town, and would love to take in the sights and see what it has to offer.
With me turning 37 in just a few months, that only leaves 3 years for me to hit all of the locations so I can achieve my goal. I am already thinking of what place I will but visiting this year to start things off. My travel schedule this summer is super hectic, but I am going to do my best to get in at least once of those places in before the end of this year.
Wish me luck!
Now what are 5 places that you’d like to travel to that you haven’t already?