Are you ready for some football?
It seems as though everyone is preparing for Super Bowl Sunday. If you are having a party or get together, this requires preparing food and drink options for guests, which can get a little expensive. Shop ‘N Save recently conducted a Snack Down survey here in St. Louis, and the results spoke volumes—most people plan to spend $50 or less for their Super Bowl festivities, down from the $51-$100 average people spent last year.
When it comes to saving, we want more bang for our buck and Shop ‘N Save has great options when it comes to getting good food at low prices.
And because it’s Super Bowl time and the folk at Shop ‘N Save want to help you with your shopping, they are offering one of my lucky readers a $50.00 gift card to their store.
To enter, simply “Like” Shop ‘N Save on Facebook and leave a comment letting them know that I sent you and what your favorite Super Bowl snack is. Then “Like” my Facebook page if you haven’t already and let me know if you are planning a Super Bowl event.
That is it! This giveaway is open to entrants 18 and over. The winner will be announced on Super Bowl Sunday, 2/16 after 6pm. I know that it will be after the big game, BUT the card can come in handy to reimburse you for monies you have already spent.
Here are several other facts from the Shop ‘N Save’s Snack Down Survey conducted here in St. Louis:
• 26 percent of area fans have chicken wings on their game day menus—of those surveyed, one of the highest percentages throughout the country.
• 76 percent will enjoy other meats like sausage and kielbasa and 13 percent will even have seafood on their menus!
• St. Louis snackers plan to spend less than $50 on game-day snacks, down from last year’s average of $51 to $100. You can get a full spread at Shop ‘N Save and stay within your budget!
• While Thanksgiving ranks as the top holiday where the most calories are consumed, one in 10 St. Louis residents indicated that this year February 6th is the holiday or occasion where they will consume the most calories.
• More than 80 percent of the total respondents plan on watching the game in their own home. Half of the people consider themselves to be serious football fans and not surprisingly most of the snacks served during the game will be of the unhealthful variety.
Good luck, Cubes and Dudes. What team are you rooting for?