It is not too late to add a little fall charm to your front door. And the best part is, you don’t have to go broke doing so either. This fall, why not skip the pricey home décor stores and instead make your own fall wreath? You don’t need to be super crafty or even a regular crafter. All you need is a few simple supplies which can all be found at your local Dollar Tree store. Take a look below at how easy it is to make your very own. It will start to feel like fall in no time!
Gold tinsel wreath
Sleeve of gold ornaments
Assorted acorn ornaments
Hot glue, glue gun
As mentioned, we were able to buy all of these supplies at our local Dollar Tree store. We already had a glue gun and glue, so our total out of pocket was just $3 to create this piece. Not too bad, huh?
Here’s how you make the DIY: Frugal Fall Wreath:
1. Starting this wreath is simple. You want to apply a very generous dab of glue to the side of a plain ornament. Press it to the tinsel and hold it in place until it is secure.
2. Continue this process adding another ornament in the same way. You want to place it tight against the previous ornament.
3. Add a small dab of glue in between each ornament to secure them together. This will help the wreath be more durable and tight.
4. Every third turn or so, glue one of the acorn ornaments to the wreath instead of a plain ornament.
5. Continue the process until the entire wreath is covered. Now, just thread some ribbon through and tie in a bow for hanging.
As you can see, the finished product is a fabulous little fall wreath that cost you a mere couple of bucks. At this price, you can afford to make one for every door in your home. You can even create these and give them as gifts if you wish. They look like something you would expect to find in a fun little craft boutique, not like something you whipped up in your own home.
So gather your supplies and get crafty! Fall won’t be here for long, so create this frugal fall wreath while you can. You are sure to enjoy it for years to come.
Written By Katie Femia, DIY & Craft Contributor