Chances are, your family dove into all sorts of adventures this summer. These adventures are worth remembering and even more so worth documenting. Summer memories are what childhood is made of, so you want to find a way to preserve those memories through more than just pictures. If you are looking for a way for your kid’s to record what they did this summer, a Miniature Memory Jar is perfect. You may have seen adults do this craft using the large Ball Jars, but this version is ideal for little hands since you are using a jelly jar.
A Summer Craft Miniature Memory jar is so easy and inexpensive to make, plus it is a great way for children to display what they did this summer. They don’t have to have gone on any fancy or far away trips, as a memory jar can be filled with mementos from a fun afternoon at the park or grandma’s house even if they wish.
Take a look below at how easy it is to make your own Summer Craft Miniature Memory Jar and save all of the fun you had this summer in one little and convenient place. Hang on to these jars tightly when done, as kids can even take them to school for show and tell to explain what they did over their summer vacation. Or, you can even line up the jars that you create from year to year on a shelf in their bedroom so they can always look at their memories safely tucked away.
Now, here is how to make your own!
Small glass jelly jar with lid
Scrap fabric or cupcake cup
Ribbon or yarn
All of your mementos from summer. This can include a photo, shells, sand, dried flowers, ticket stubs, and more. Be creative!
1. Assemble your memento items in the jar as you wish. You can glue in place if you wish but it is not necessary. Put taller items in the back and shorter items in front. Arrange so that when you view it from the front you can see everything.
2. Put a small piece of scrap fabric or a cupcake cup over the lid before attaching the lid. It will just add some extra charm and magic.
3. Write down your destination on a piece of scrap paper. You can even write down a few adjectives to describe it and the date if you wish.
4. Poke a hole in the paper and run your ribbon or string through. Tie around your jar as a means of labeling it.
5. Display your jar for all to see!
The best part about a memory jar is they can be as simple or complex as you wish. Get creative and include all sorts of items that make you think of summer and are meaningful to you. That is all that matters!
Little hands will love admiring their jar and remembering all of the fun times they had!
Written By Katie Femia, DIY & Craft Contributor
Cute idea and memories that will last forever!