Since I began this blog over 10 years ago, a lot about me has changed. I am now divorced, my kids are 25 and 15 years old respectively, I am now 44 myself, and my outlook on life is so much different than it used to be. I take for granted that since I have been in this space for a long time (in social media years), that you already know everything about me. The fact is, over the years, I’ve developed new followers and readers and you may not know as much as I think you know.
That is about to change.
Alongside my new vlog series that I am starting soon (so please stay tuned), I am going to be sharing a lot more about myself–personally. You guys know The Cubicle Chick, the business-minded entrepreneur who shares tips for working moms. Now get to know Danyelle Little, the woman behind the brand. I’m letting my guard down a little in an attempt to be more personal.
I am re-listening to Kim Field’s book Blessed Life on Audible (I first wrote about it HERE) and she begins the book with a chapter called Talking to Myself. In it, she shares 45 things about herself that you may not already know, so taking her cue, I am going to be sharing the same 46 things (because I prefer even numbers) right here so I can share more of me.
Allow me to reintroduce myself…
1. The thing that makes me happiest is _____________
2. I always laugh when I think of _______________
Eddie Murphy as Randy Watson singing The Greatest Love of All in Coming to America. Sexual chocolate!
3. When I’m late, it’s usually because…
Me, late? Never. I am a Type A Virgo who is always early for everything.
4. I can be annoying when ______________
I’m hungry or sleepy.
5. The thing that bothers me the most is….
People who don’t want to do the work.
6. My favorite part of being a kid was?
Not paying any bills.
7. I am always puzzled when people seem_____________
8. I love _________
The Most High
9. Right now, at this very minute, I’m feeling ___________
Full after eating some pizza.
10. In the kitchen, I am __________
Pretty dope. Ask about me! I started cooking late(r) in life, but I can put my foot in plenty of dishes now.
11. As a Black woman, I am ____________
Fierce, hunty! There’s nothing that we can’t do.
12. When I am in the shower, I sing __________
Broadway tunes (Funny Girl), Disco (Donna Summer), Hip-hop (Biggie), or Old School (Marvin Gaye or Frank Sinatra), depending on my mood.
13. If I could meet anyone, living or dead, I would want to meet ______________
Living (Michelle Obama because—goals). Dead (Prince, because he is my favorite artist of all time).
14.And I would ask them ____________
Michelle: what’s the one thing you did that you feel was propelled you to be a success? Prince: what was the real inspiration behind Purple Rain?
15. The thing about men is ___________
Once you find the right one, you’ll know why the other relationships failed.
16. My favorite movies are ___________
A Raisin in the Sun, Terms of Endearment, Coming to America, Claudine, Breakfast at Tiffany’s, and Gone With the Wind.
17. The last time I said I should’ve…..
I was right. I should’ve stop drinking soda years ago.
18. The thing I like most in another person is ……
Humanity and kindness.
19. If I’m in the grocery store, I cannot resist _______
Extra sharp cheddar cheese!
20. Nobody knows this about me, but…..
I can recite by memory almost all of the dialogue from Good Times Seasons 1 through 4.
21. My guilty pleasure is _______
Classic TV shows like Hazel, Julia, and Good Times. and Maude.
22. I believe in God because _________
I’ve seen His miracles firsthand.
23. As the mother of a son and daughter I stay _________
Working on breaking generational curses.
24. I get scared when _________
I think about the chaos our current president has us in.
25. I wish I was better at _________
26. The last time I cried it was because _______
I was watching Terms of Endearment—the main hospital scene always makes me cry. Shirley MacLaine deserved all of the awards for that scene.
27. My biggest mistake was __________
Thinking I was irreplaceable. Because every time I thought that, I was replaced.
28. My favorite part of my body is _________
My legs. Ya’ll have to know this.
29. In my free-time, I ____________
Listen to audiobooks while reading books.
30. People ordinarily think I’m __________
Booked and busy.
31. But I’m really __________
Blessed and productive.
32. My hero is __________
Eddie Mae Fletcher, my grandmother.
33. The thing I want to know is ___________
Why people still smoke cigarettes.
34. My least favorite thing about myself is _______
35. I wish I could _________
Overturn the last election.
36. When I go to church on Sunday, I _______
Most enjoy praise and worship. I haven’t been since October 🙁
37. If you want to hang out, I’m apt to say ________
Sure, but not at the club.
38. You’ll never catch me without ___________
My hair being done.
39. I’m having a good day when __________
My bills are paid, my family is good, my man is happy, and the sun is out.
40. Real faith for me means ____________
Working on something even if I don’t see a result. (Because faith without works is dead)
41. If I could play only one song forever, it would be ____________
I Can’t Help it by Michael Jackson.
42. When I’m stressed I _________
43. My bucket list still includes __________
Going to Paris and seeing the New York City skyline by helicopter.
44. When I lay my head down on the pillow at night, I ________
Hope that the Tylenol PM will kick in expeditiously.
45. When all is said and done, I __________
Exceeded my wildest dreams. I went from being a teen mom to creating a successful business and being able to take care of my family (and others). I was told I would be a negative statistic, but I am not. Praise God for that!
46. There wasn’t a 46 on Kim’s list, but I had to make a 46 because 45 is such a dreadful number. Who makes me swoon?
So, that’s my list of 46 things about me! Perhaps you learned something new, or feel like you know me a little better. Now it’s your turn! Copy and paste these questions and share your 46 Things About Me on your blog or social feeds. I can’t wait to read your answers!
Photo Credit: Chip Dizard